Why You Should Team Up With A Forex Mentor....
Why recently listening to a blog on personal development (Rob Dial on YouTube), I jotted down the following points regarding mentors that I thought I would share.....
If you are struggling in your Forex trading or you just want to fine tune your already successful Forex trading, you MUST consider working with a mentor.
What is a mentor? A mentor is someone who is further along in life or further down a specific path than you are.
You can have mentors in all areas of life: relationships, physical fitness, sports, and yes, Forex trading.
If you happen to be struggling with a marriage then you could, no doubt, learn from a couple who have been happily married for 30 years or longer.
What's the key? How do the make it work? What habits do they have, etc.
If you are struggling with physical fitness or weight loss, you could seek out a personal trainer and nutritionist who could work with you to create a
proper training and nutrition program.
If you are struggling with Forex trading, you could seek out someone with a proven track record to take you to the next level.
What is their daily routine? How do they analyze the news? When do they enter? When do they exit? What risk management principles do they use?
I've utilized a couple of different Forex mentors (including Ben Nathan) during my Forex trading career.
What have they done for me?
1. They made me 'up my game.' As you see their progress and what they have done and are doing, it shows you that your goals are possible as well.
2. They put me in the right frame of mind. Perhaps I've had a string of losses recently and are feeling a bit dejected. They help me to put it in the proper perspective and adjust my mindset.
3. They made me take action. My mentors often gave me assignments. For example, over the next week, I want you to take only 3 trades and I want you to take them in exactly this manner (how much stop loss to use, what profit target to use, etc). I didn't want to show up with them at my next mentoring session and have to admit I didn't do as they instructed.
4. This is a BIG ONE!!! They saved me time, money, pain and energy. My mentors were all at least 5 to 10 years down the road from where I was. Just a few mentoring sessions shaved years of my learning curve.
5. They helped me make the right decisions by sharing their experiences.
6. They opened me up to their circle of friends who were also successful. The more highly successful people you have in your circle, the more successful you will be.
If you have the opportunity to learn from a mentor, someone who has achieved the level to which you are aspiring. You must take advantage of the opportunity!
It is rare today to find someone who is successful and is willing to share!
Take advantage of it if the opportunity comes your way....